News & Updates
Over the last eight incredible years, Norman Music Festival has grown from a fledgling one-day event, featuring just 27 bands, to a three-day Oklahoma tradition of original music creativity that showcases 250+ acts from every corner of the state! We’re proud of that achievement. But, honestly speaking, it has come with some compromise.
As a FREE volunteer run event, we had to make a choice 5 or 6 years ago. Do we remain small, and continue to pay every band? Or do we give the bands the choice? Ask if they would like to play for free just to participate and, consequently, grow the festival? The answer from our bands was an emphatic “YES, we want to play”.
So NMF grew and grew AND GREW to what we are today: the hub of original music creativity for the State of Oklahoma, and even a little bit beyond.
Each year we’ve found a way to pay a few more bands, and somewhere along the way we found donations to support the hospitality of snacks/refreshments for everyone. But we want to do better, and I know we can.
That’s where this Kickstarter project comes in. The singular goal of this effort is to pay each and EVERY performer.
We’ve set a realistic goal of $5,000, which would get us much closer to paying everyone at least enough to buy some gas, guitar strings, and drum sticks. If we’re lucky enough to make this target, our STRETCH goal of $10,000 could finally close the gap for good.
So, join us here, Tip The Bands, and get some cool rewards!
Sincerely,Read the full story
Chairman of the Board
Norman Music Alliance Nonprofit Inc
Free. Original. Oklahoma.
The Norman Music Alliance is seeking a part-time executive director. We’ve operated as a volunteer board since the first year, but we’re looking to hire someone to help us grow as a non-profit and as a festival. Details are below.
Please share with anyone that is interested!
Name of Hiring Nonprofit: Norman Music Alliance
Name of Job: Part-time Executive and Development Director
What city will this job be located in? Norman, OK
Position Description: Support the mission of the Norman Music Alliance: to help develop the arts community in Oklahoma through support of local original artists, support of music fans, support of art education and support of local businesses. This position will help the nonprofit and Norman Music Festival to continue to grow through fund development programs, long-term fundraising strategies, sponsorship campaigns and the VIP membership program. He or she will also be responsible for overseeing programs and strategic plan for the nonprofit and will report to the Board of Directors.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Past Executive Director experience
• Experience with events
• Experience leading fundraising campaigns and/or recruiting sponsors
• Responsible for leading the Norman Music Alliance in conjunction with the nonprofit’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
• Serve as ex-officio to each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction to maintain the mission
• Creating and managing the annual fundraising budget and plan
• Developing strategic direction and planning in fundraising activities, sponsorship campaigns and membership drives
• Overseeing and completing sponsorship fulfillment
• Continue to grow and build community relationships in Norman, Oklahoma City and other surrounding cities
• Expected Time Commitment: 300 hours per year
To Apply for this Job: Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, November 20.Read the full story
- Riverwind Casino
- Oklahoma Arts Council
- Funnel Design Group
- Barrett L. Williamson Architects
- Chem-Can Services, Inc.
- Mr. Electric
- Tinker Federal Credit Union
- OG&E ThunderBolt
- RK Black
- Breathing Rhythm Studio
- Prairie Wolf Spirits
- Red Bull
- The Spirit Shop
- Fusion Fitness & Yoga
- Robinson Repurposed
- 405 Imports
- Andy Alligator’s Fun Park
- Talley, Turner & Bertman
- Champions on Display
- Norman Transcript
- The Depot
- Sooner Theatre
- Norman Music Institute
- Abner’s Ale House
- Bison Witches
- Blu Fine Wine & Food
- Bluebonnet Bar
- The Brewhouse
- The Garage
- Michelangelo’s Coffee & Wine Bar
- The Opolis
- Red Brick Bar
- Hall of Tattoos
- ABC Golf Cars
- Norman Nerds
- Hitachi Computer Products
- Party Galaxy
- Adair & Associates
- DM Wealth Management, Inc.
- Big Dog Daddy’s Ice House
- Das Boot Camp
- The Diner
- Fancy That
- Hideaway Pizza
- Legend’s Restaurant
- O’Asian Fusion
- The Shack
- The Wedge Pizzeria